Use Of in a sentence. How to use the word Of in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Of. Sentence for Of. How is “of” used in English? What are the rules of use?
How is “of” used in English? What are the rules of use?
“Of” is a preposition in English that is used to indicate a relationship between two or more nouns or noun phrases. It is often used to indicate possession, origin, material, or content. Some examples of how “of” is used in English include:
- possession: “The book of poetry”
- origin: “A citizen of the United States”
- material: “A statue of marble”
- content: “A description of the scene”
Additionally, “of” is used to indicate a relationship between a verb and its object, such as in the phrase “think of something” or “approve of something“.
There are no specific rules for the use of “of” in English, as it is a very common and versatile preposition that is used in a wide variety of contexts. The main thing to keep in mind is that “of” is used to indicate a relationship between two or more nouns or noun phrases, or between a verb and its object.
Examples of “of” in a sentence
Here are 30 sample sentences that demonstrate different ways “of” is used in English:
- The house of my grandparents is in the countryside.
- The color of the sky is beautiful today.
- She is a friend of mine.
- The book of poetry is on the shelf.
- The taste of the food was delicious.
- A citizen of the United States.
- The story of my life.
- A statue of marble.
- The price of the car.
- The beauty of the sunset.
- The sound of the music.
- The cause of the accident.
- The history of the world.
- The idea of freedom.
- The fear of failure.
- The size of the room.
- The weight of the package.
- The taste of victory.
- The smell of fresh flowers.
- The feeling of happiness.
- The shape of a heart.
- The taste of success.
- The idea of democracy.
- The power of love.
- The warmth of the sun.
- The importance of education.
- The cost of living.
- The love of family.
- The value of hard work.
- The mystery of the universe.
Please note that some of these examples may not be the perfect fit for the context and the structure of the sentence might be changed if it was included in a paragraph.