What is the summary of the book A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder written by Holly Jackson? Information about the summary, characters and analysis of A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder.
A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder
“A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder” is a young adult mystery novel written by Holly Jackson. The book was published in 2019 and quickly gained popularity for its gripping storyline and compelling characters. Here is some information about the book:
The story follows seventeen-year-old Pippa Fitz-Amobi, a model student who decides to investigate a murder case for her senior project. Five years ago, Andie Bell was believed to have been murdered by her boyfriend, Sal Singh, who later died by suicide, leaving the case closed. However, Pippa becomes convinced that Sal was innocent and decides to uncover the truth.
As Pippa delves deeper into the case, she discovers inconsistencies and hidden secrets within her small town. With the help of Ravi Singh, Sal’s younger brother, she navigates through a web of lies, alibis, and unreliable witnesses. As the investigation progresses, Pippa puts her own life at risk, unraveling a dark and complex mystery.
- Justice and Truth: The book explores the theme of seeking justice and uncovering the truth, even in the face of adversity. Pippa’s determination to find out what really happened challenges the established narrative and forces her to confront uncomfortable truths.
- Perception and Deception: The story examines the idea of how appearances can be deceiving. Pippa uncovers hidden secrets and realizes that people she thought she knew well might not be who they seem. The book highlights the importance of questioning assumptions and challenging preconceived notions.
- Power of Investigation: “A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder” emphasizes the power of investigation and the pursuit of knowledge. Pippa’s investigative skills, intelligence, and perseverance are showcased as she uncovers clues and uncovers the truth, ultimately challenging the conclusions of the original investigation.
- Coming of Age: The novel also explores the coming-of-age theme, as Pippa navigates the complexities of the investigation while dealing with personal growth, self-discovery, and the challenges of teenage life.
Overall, “A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder” combines elements of mystery, suspense, and coming-of-age themes to create an engaging and thought-provoking story. It has been praised for its clever plot twists, well-drawn characters, and the way it tackles important issues within the mystery genre.
“A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder” by Holly Jackson is a gripping young adult mystery novel that follows the determined protagonist, Pippa Fitz-Amobi, as she investigates a murder case for her senior project. Here is a long and detailed plot summary:
In the small town of Little Kilton, five years ago, high school student Andie Bell went missing and was presumed murdered by her boyfriend, Sal Singh, who later died by suicide, leaving the case closed. Pippa Fitz-Amobi, an ambitious and curious teenager, decides to challenge the official narrative and conduct her own investigation. She chooses the case as the topic for her final-year project, aiming to prove that Sal was innocent.
Pippa starts by reexamining the police files and discovers several discrepancies. As she digs deeper, she realizes that there were numerous unanswered questions surrounding Andie’s disappearance. Pippa believes there is more to the story, and she sets out to uncover the truth, even if it means putting herself in danger.
Pippa enlists the help of Ravi Singh, Sal’s younger brother, who reluctantly agrees to assist her. Together, they begin interviewing witnesses and people connected to the case, unraveling a complex web of secrets and lies within the town. Pippa’s investigation leads her to confront the prejudices, cover-ups, and hidden relationships that permeate Little Kilton.
As Pippa delves further into the case, she encounters multiple suspects, each with their own motives and alibis. She faces resistance from some members of the community who are eager to keep the truth buried. However, Pippa remains determined, even when her life is threatened.
Throughout her investigation, Pippa discovers a series of new leads, unearths long-kept secrets, and uncovers shocking revelations. She confronts people who have been hiding the truth and exposes the manipulations and betrayals that have shaped the town’s perception of the case.
As the climax approaches, Pippa becomes a target herself, facing danger from someone who wants to keep the truth hidden. She must race against time to gather enough evidence to prove her theories and bring justice to Andie’s memory.
In the final act, Pippa unveils the real murderer, shocking the community with the truth. The resolution of the case not only brings closure to Andie’s family but also prompts the town to reassess its perceptions and prejudices.
“A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder” explores themes of justice, truth, perception, and the power of investigation. It showcases Pippa’s growth and determination as she challenges the status quo, defies expectations, and uncovers the dark secrets that lie beneath the surface of her seemingly ordinary town.
The novel has been praised for its intricate plotting, well-developed characters, and the way it tackles relevant themes within the mystery genre. It keeps readers on the edge of their seats, providing unexpected twists and turns until the very end.
“A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder” features a diverse cast of characters, each with their own role in the story. Here are the key characters in the novel:
- Pippa Fitz-Amobi: The determined and intelligent protagonist of the story. Pippa is a high school student who takes on the challenge of investigating a murder case for her senior project. She is determined to uncover the truth about Andie Bell’s disappearance and prove Sal Singh’s innocence.
- Ravi Singh: Sal Singh’s younger brother and Pippa’s reluctant ally. Ravi initially resents Pippa for reopening the case but eventually joins forces with her to uncover the truth. He provides valuable insights and connections to the Singh family, shedding light on Sal’s character and the events leading up to Andie’s disappearance.
- Andie Bell: The murder victim whose case Pippa is investigating. Andie was a popular student who went missing five years ago. Pippa’s investigation aims to challenge the belief that Sal Singh was responsible for her death.
- Sal Singh: Andie Bell’s boyfriend and the prime suspect in her murder. Sal died by suicide shortly after Andie’s disappearance, leaving the case closed. Pippa questions his guilt and believes there is more to the story.
- Connor Whitely: Pippa’s ex-boyfriend and a key suspect in the case. Connor had a tumultuous relationship with Andie and is known for his aggressive behavior. Pippa investigates his possible involvement in the murder.
- Mr. Fitz-Amobi: Pippa’s father and a lawyer who encourages her investigation. He provides guidance and support to Pippa throughout her journey.
- Cara Lawrence: Pippa’s best friend who helps her with the investigation. Cara is tech-savvy and assists Pippa in analyzing data and uncovering information about the case.
- Grace Young: Andie Bell’s best friend and a potential witness to the events leading up to her disappearance. Pippa interviews Grace to gain insights into Andie’s life and the dynamics between Andie, Sal, and Connor.
- Mr. Davies: Pippa’s school teacher who oversees her senior project and initially opposes her choice of investigating the murder case. As Pippa progresses, Mr. Davies becomes more supportive of her efforts.
- Various suspects and witnesses: The story introduces several individuals who were connected to Andie and Sal, including friends, family members, and other students. Each of them holds valuable information that contributes to Pippa’s investigation.
These characters interact and shape the narrative, adding depth and complexity to the mystery as Pippa unravels the truth behind Andie Bell’s disappearance.