Use helped in a sentence. How to use the word helped in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word helped. Sentence for helped.
Examples of helped in a sentence
- In Louisville he helped to establish the public school system and to found the University of Louisville.
- Augustus Thomas; (1859-1934), American playwright, whose local-color plays helped to develop the popular American theater.
- He helped to persuade the Government to spend 200 million pounds on cleaning beaches in Britain and 600 million pounds for cleaning the aerial discharges of coal-fired power plants.
- Filthy, horrid, hungry creatures, they helped punish the blind prophet Phineus by snatehing away or defiling all food placed before him.
- His accountant helped him and instigated him into fraud.
- Known as the “Queen of the Gospel Song,” she helped popularize this form of music, in which a religious text is combined with the mood and rhythm of blues music.
- Trevor helped the police by using his psychic powers.
- Fire teams from all neighboring districts helped fight fires in the city.
- During this period, he drank a lot, used illegal drugs and “Tender Vittles of free base” until his friends helped him recover.
- Helped and instigated by two glasses of wine, he became very sentimental.
- Louis XIII helped to expand the convincing course of the structures of the French state.
- The acceleration of a major cost reduction exercise initiated in 1991 and an active portfolio reorientation program helped limit losses.
- As he passed through the congregation, Jim chose the faces of the people who had helped Tom transform the Most Holy Trinity.
- An elephant in West Midland Safari Park, United Kingdom, put its size to good use when it helped a zoo keeper kick-start his car, the Daily Telegraph reported.
- Alfred Cort Haddon; (1855-1940), English inthropologist and comparative anatomist, who helped establish the science of anthropology in Britain.