Learn about the definition and common usage of the word “aware” in English, including rules for its use and examples of how to use it in a sentence. Discover how to effectively communicate your ideas using this important adjective.
Definition of Aware
Aware is an adjective that describes being conscious or having knowledge of something. It means having an understanding or realization of a particular fact or situation, or being mindful or attentive to something. For example, if someone is aware of their surroundings, they are paying attention to what is happening around them and have a sense of what is going on. Similarly, if someone is aware of a problem, they understand the nature of the issue and its potential impact. Being aware can also refer to having a sense of one’s own emotions, thoughts, and behaviors, and being able to reflect on them.
How is “Aware” used in English? What are the rules of use of “Aware”?
The word “aware” is typically used as an adjective in English, and it is commonly followed by a preposition or conjunction to indicate what someone is aware of. Here are some examples:
- “I am aware of the risks involved.” (preposition)
- “She wasn’t aware that the store was closing early.” (conjunction)
- “He is fully aware of the consequences of his actions.” (preposition)
- “Are you aware that you’re speaking too loudly?” (conjunction)
In general, “aware” is used to describe someone’s state of consciousness or knowledge about a particular thing. It is often used to indicate that someone has a specific understanding or realization of something, or that they are paying attention to something. The word “aware” can be used in a wide range of contexts, from personal introspection to professional communication.
There are no specific rules for using “aware,” but it is important to use it appropriately in context to avoid confusion or misinterpretation. It is also important to use proper grammar and syntax when using “aware,” to ensure that your message is clear and easily understood.
How to use the word Aware in a sentence?
Here are 20 sample sentences that use the word “aware”:
- She was not aware of the danger until it was too late.
- He became aware of his mistake after reading the instructions.
- I am fully aware of the challenges we will face.
- Are you aware of the new policy changes?
- The employees were made aware of the upcoming training sessions.
- She was aware of his presence in the room.
- He is aware of his own limitations.
- I am painfully aware of my own flaws.
- The company is not aware of any safety concerns.
- He is aware that his behavior was inappropriate.
- She was suddenly aware of the beauty of the sunset.
- We need to be aware of the impact of our actions on the environment.
- The doctor made her aware of the risks associated with the procedure.
- He is aware that he needs to improve his communication skills.
- I wasn’t aware that the store was closing early.
- She became aware of the need for change in her life.
- The organization is aware of the need for better communication.
- We need to make people aware of the importance of recycling.
- The children were made aware of the dangers of playing with matches.
- She is aware of the benefits of regular exercise.