How to draw the side angle side triangles? Properties of side angle side triangle construction.
Side Angle Side (SAS) Triangle Congruence
For two triangles to be congruent SAS the angle must be included between the two sides. If the angle is not between the two sides then a specific triangle cannot be drawn unless one of the angles is a right angle.
Example: Construct ABC triangle in which a = 5 cm, mB = 50° and c = 4 cm.
- (a) Draw the sketch and mark the given elements.
- b) Draw a line at least 5 cm long and mark point B near one end.
- (c) With centre B and radius 5 cm mark off point C on the line.
- (d) Using a protractor measure angle B and draw the ray from B at 50° with [BC.
- (e) With centre B and radius 4 cm mark point A along this ray.
- (f) Join A to C.