Use Metaphor in a sentence. How to use the word Metaphor in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Metaphor. Sentence for Metaphor.
Examples of Metaphor in a sentence
- But families believe in their myths for more convincing reasons than respect for the versatility of metaphor.
- The metaphor of the Vine of Israel seemed to be almost always in his thoughts.
- Epictetus, as I have shewn above, scoffed at this metaphor of “shepherd.”
- 18-year-old Abigail’s common app essay, a powerful metaphor of going through the loss of a parent, has earned her a place at Harvard University.
- “He seldom speaks of it,” replied my friend; “when he does, it is not always easy to distinguish between metaphor and not-metaphor.
- For I perceived that the sense required a metaphorical rendering, and, at the same time, that such a metaphor was almost impossible among any Jews, before Christ’s crucifixion.
- He and Matthew turn the metaphor into a literal miracle, as follows.
- Having in view Christ’s precept to the disciples, ‘Raise the dead,’ I see how easily honest Christians might be led to take metaphor for fact.
- But I saw how easy it was to mistake metaphor for literal meaning in stories of this kind.
- I use a metaphor which implies that they must do something they are little accustomed to do; they must make some concession.