Use Clear Up in a sentence. How to use the word Clear Up in a sentence? How is “Clear Up” used in English? What are the rules of use of “Clear Up”? Sentence for Clear Up.
How is “Clear Up” used in English? What are the rules of use of “Clear Up”?
“Clear up” is a phrasal verb that has several meanings and uses in English:
- To make something clearer or easier to understand: e.g., Can you clear up this confusion?
- To remove something: e.g., Can you clear up these dishes?
- To tidy up: e.g., I’ll clear up the mess in the kitchen.
- To resolve a problem or issue: e.g., I hope this new information will clear up the misunderstanding.
- To improve a person’s health or condition: e.g., Her cold cleared up after taking medicine.
The rules for using “clear up” depend on the meaning and context in which it is used. It is important to understand the meaning and context in which it is used in order to use the word correctly. Additionally, in some cases, “clear up” can be used as a separable phrasal verb, where the object comes between “clear” and “up“, while in other cases it can be used as an inseparable phrasal verb, where the object follows “clear up“. The choice between separable and inseparable phrasal verbs depends on the meaning and context in which the verb is used.
Examples of clear up in a sentence
Here are 30 sample sentences using the word “clear up“:
- I hope this meeting will clear up any confusion.
- Can you please clear up these dishes after dinner?
- I need to clear up my cluttered desk before starting work.
- The weather finally cleared up and the sun came out.
- After taking medicine, his headache cleared up.
- Can you clear up the misconceptions about the project?
- She cleared up the misunderstandings between the two parties.
- I’ll clear up the toys before the kids come back.
- The traffic finally cleared up after the accident.
- After the storm passed, the sky cleared up and the sun came out.
- She cleared up her doubts about the exam with the teacher.
- I need to clear up my schedule before making plans for the weekend.
- The company cleared up the financial difficulties with a loan.
- Can you clear up the mess in the kitchen?
- The sky cleared up and the stars came out at night.
- After a long day, I just want to clear up my mind and relax.
- I hope this explanation will clear up any questions you have.
- The doctor said her condition would clear up after a few days of rest.
- Can you clear up any confusion with the client about the delivery date?
- The company is working to clear up the data privacy issue.
- I need to clear up my schedule to make time for the appointment.
- The skies cleared up and the sun shone brightly.
- The children cleared up their toys before going to bed.
- After a few days, the haze cleared up and the visibility improved.
- Can you clear up the misunderstanding about the payment deadline?
- The new information cleared up any doubts about the project.
- I need to clear up my inbox before the end of the day.
- The company cleared up the problem with the supplier.
- Can you clear up any confusion about the meeting location?
- The lawyer cleared up any legal issues with the contract.