Use Tariff in a sentence. How to use the word Tariff in a sentence? How is “Tariff” used in English? What are the rules of use of “Tariff”? Sentence for Tariff.
How is “Tariff” used in English? What are the rules of use of “Tariff”?
“Tariff” is a noun that refers to a tax imposed on imported or exported goods. It is used as a means of protection for domestic industries or as a source of revenue for the government. There are different types of tariffs, including ad valorem tariffs (based on the value of goods), specific tariffs (based on weight or quantity), and compound tariffs (combination of ad valorem and specific tariffs).
The rules of use for “tariff” include proper noun capitalization (i.e. Tariff), use in context with related vocabulary such as trade, import, export, etc. Additionally, when discussing tariffs, it is important to specify the type of tariff being referred to, as well as the specific goods and countries involved.
Examples of tariff in a sentence
Here are 30 sample sentences using the word “tariff“:
- The government imposed a new tariff on imported steel to protect the domestic industry.
- The high tariff on luxury goods is intended to curb excessive spending.
- The specific tariff on wine is calculated based on the volume of the bottle.
- The country’s tariff policy has a significant impact on international trade.
- The trade war between the two countries escalated with the imposition of new tariffs.
- The company will have to pay an ad valorem tariff on their exports.
- The government has proposed a reduction in tariffs to boost economic growth.
- The recent tariff increase on electronic goods has led to price hikes.
- The nation’s tariff revenue has been declining due to the decline in imports.
- The free trade agreement between the countries eliminates tariffs on various goods.
- The tariff system is complex and requires expert knowledge to understand.
- The compound tariff on automobiles includes both ad valorem and specific components.
- The reduction in tariffs on agricultural products has benefited farmers.
- The government imposed a protective tariff on foreign goods to support domestic production.
- The new tariff on raw materials has increased the cost of production for manufacturers.
- The trade deficit between the countries has increased due to tariffs on exports.
- The tariff dispute between the countries has led to a decline in bilateral trade.
- The import tariff on luxury goods has generated a significant amount of revenue for the government.
- The government is reviewing its tariff policy to determine the impact on the economy.
- The elimination of tariffs on industrial goods has boosted trade between the countries.
- The proposed tariff on renewable energy products is aimed at promoting sustainability.
- The country’s tariff structure is designed to support specific industries.
- The imposition of new tariffs has led to a decline in the volume of trade between the countries.
- The government is considering a reduction in tariffs to reduce the trade deficit.
- The increase in tariffs on essential goods has affected the daily lives of consumers.
- The nation’s tariff policy has been a major issue in the current election campaign.
- The company has had to adjust its business strategy due to the recent tariffs on exports.
- The reduction in tariffs on imported goods has resulted in lower prices for consumers.
- The government’s tariff policies are designed to support domestic production and protect jobs.
- The recent tariff changes have had a significant impact on the balance of trade between the countries.