Use Portentous in a sentence. How to use the word Portentous in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Portentous. Sentence for Portentous.
Examples of Portentous in a sentence
- Louder and more angry, ay, and nearer, too, was that portentous scream.
- The authenticity of this document was publicly denied by its alleged author, and its portentous length, as well as its unusual style render it very suspicious.
- Then like a huge, portentous pill floated on smoothest syrup the car slid down the yawning street into the congested city.
- We are still using “portentous” in that way, though it’s occasionally incorrectly spelled and pronounced “portentious.”
- Donald gave a portentous wink.
- A triumph of the portentous.
- Portentous, a long shot paying $77.20, captured the $100,000 Oak Tree Invitation at Santa Anita today.
- I feel like this is a necessary, yet a somewhat pompous (portentous) post.
- Sea serpents’ arrival puzzling, or portentous?
- A signal proofand verification ofthese cosmic and portentous events is seenin the revelationor the apocalypse of Christ given on the isle of Patmos.
- These songs lurch, sometimes crawl, through a swamp of woozy synths, twanging electric guitars and portentous melodies.
- On the Diana side, there is a portentous warning from Princess Margaret that if Diana can’t “bend” to the royal life, then “she will break”.
- Dying Light is a first-person, action survival horror video game with a portentous day-night cycle set in a vast open world.
- His coming heralds the beginning of the live event here in Season 4, and it seems a perfectly portentous omen here on November 3, 2020.
- The portentous use of music, lighting and extremely shallow focus makes the proceedings feel heavy.
- The fact that he did not name jihad violence specifically was portentous.
- Indeed, 2020/21 feels portentous in our shift away from this to a new mantra of “
Take, make, use, reuse”.