Use Patrilineal in a sentence. How to use the word Patrilineal in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Patrilineal.
Examples of Patrilineal in a sentence
- Whether patrilineal or matrilineal in nature, the largest kinship grouping is called a elan or sib.
- Second, as mentioned before, Hindu society is patrilineal and follows a rigid system of caste distinction.
- Man seems to be a descendant of patrilineal ancestors.
- In groups of patrilineal descent, he argued, the individual family and private property were prominent and the community principle was already moribund.
- Some primates live in patrilineal rather than matrilineal descent groups.
- Coexistence of matrilineal and patrilineal families in the community of Mosuo adjacent to Lugu Lake. Its social formation is in such a historical period that it changes from matriarchy to patriarchy.
- In addition to the patrilineal relationship, in-laws, quasi-blood relatives, geographical and occupational relationships play a more active role than before.
- The Sati system originated in the patrilineal society, along with the development of the ancient Chinese society, in different stages had different manifestations.
- “In a society that emphasizes patrilineal descent, having children, especially sons, is fundamental, and girls learn from an early age that this is their responsibility” (Seymour, 1999, p.97).
- The strict patrilineal inheritance is also obeyed by parts of our genome, the non-recombining part of the Y chromosome. Therefore, men who share a surname are expected to have similar Y chromosomes.
- Although the Lahaul Valley society is patrilineal, the practice of polyandry gave women considerable control over many issues.
- After entering the patrilineal society, the admired position of women began to fall.
- Its core is to put first the benefit of patrilineal consanguineous group.
- It covers data on the matrilineal and patrilineal Mosuo society, and the ethnographic information on the patriarchal families of Mosuo.
- The common patrilineal ancestor of all living humans today has received the name of chromosomal Adam Young