Use Ate in a sentence. How to use the word Ate in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Ate. Sentence for Ate.
Definition of Ate
- past of eat.
Examples of Ate in a sentence
- I ate maple sweet mashed potatoes every day for a week.
- I ate bread and butter this morning.
- They provided background music while people ate and talked, played cards, to give it a pleasant atmosphere.
- I cut down on my single-use plastics, ate less meat, and became an avid recycler.
- The fire, which rose yards high, and crackled as it ate into the wood, threw streaks of light on the near slopes.
- I took out some food, ate it, and resumed my journey without much courage, however, I will confess.
- A 2017 research discovered that people who take two tablespoons of it along with their breakfast ate less for lunch and dinner.
- For two days the culprit sat inactive at the close of dinner while his comrades ate with relish their portions of pudding.
- On the return homeward an aunt remarked, “I noticed that Marshall ate dessert with the others.”
- When my turn came the tin cup filled with coffee was passed me, and I ate my due allotment of the bacon.
- I, for one, began to wish that I was sitting in front of that same fire, listening to the popping of the dry wood as the flames ate into it.
- He ate immoderately, I observed, and even before he left the table I could see that the drowsiness which afflicts the overfed was descending upon him.
- She had another precious hope, and it was that they would at last eat a meal together; but she would rather that he slept; so, toward evening, she made a simple meal and ate her share alone, and kept his ready for him against his waking.