Use Antiquity in a sentence. How to use the word Antiquity in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Antiquity. Sentence for Antiquity.
Examples of Antiquity in a sentence
- Until late antiquity Vulso’s triumph remained a byword for luxury.
- Of the antiquity and genuineness of the narrative there is no doubt.
- His love and knowledge of antiquity enabled him to present the native faith in its original simplicity, and his teachings were exemplified in his own life.
- The lute, dating from antiquity, was introduced into Europe by the Moors.
- The development of artificial patination as we now know it probably began at the time of the Renaissance, when it was used mainly as a means of conferring the appearance of antiquity in a sculpture.
- These are all the traits and pictures of the antiquity of East Iran, of any importance, which can be gathered from the remaining fragments of the Avesta.
- It was not only in the lower valley of the Nile, on the banks of the Euphrates and the Tigris, and along the coast and on the heights of Syria that independent forms of intellectual and civic life grew up in antiquity.
- We have already examined the earliest date at which the kings who reigned in antiquity in the lower valley of Nile attempted to bring their actions into everlasting remembrance by pictures and writing.
- The Indians possess a series of books of law, which, like that called after Manu, bear the name of a saint or seer of antiquity, or of a god.
- That some of the exorcisms and incantations belonging to this collection are also found in the Rigveda, that meditative hymns of later date are received into the fourth Veda together with pieces of very great antiquity, may count rather for than against this mode of origin.