Use Afford in a sentence. How to use the word Afford in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Afford. Sentence for Afford.
Examples of Afford in a sentence
- We can’t afford it anymore.
- However, not all who have visions can afford to bring their ideas to life.
- So I’ve heard, but I’ve never been able to afford them.
- “We can not afford to splurge on the wedding and all material things in marriage under the increasing economic burden, especially the recession and everything.”
- The nation could not afford frivolous and luxurious promises.
- If, after all, however, your friend wants the place, and can afford to pay for his whims—let him have it!
- The hardships which it was very disagreeable or painful to bear, afford often great amusement or pleasure in the recollection.
- This miserable contrivance, however, even if successful, could only afford a momentary relief.
- The spearmen come from the richest sipahis that can afford the armor that the near combat troops need.
- He thought that this might afford him some shelter, and so he made great exertions to guide the boat so as to bring it in to the shore around behind this tree.
- Every restless and desperate spirit, every depraved victim of vice, every fugitive and outlaw would be ready to embark in such a scheme, which was to create certainly a new phase in their relations to society, and thus afford them an opportunity to make a fresh beginning.
- Couvansky joyfully accepted this invitation, supposing that the occasion would afford him an admirable opportunity to advance his views in respect to his son.
- Indeed, it is far more important, for good _men_ may correct or avoid the evils of a bad plan, but a good plan can never afford security against the evil action of bad men.