Use Active in a sentence. How to use the word Active in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Active. Sentence for Active.
Examples of active in a sentence
- Like all of the members of this large family, the Begonia metallica needs a lot of water during its active period.
- In 1831—1833 he returned to active duty as military commander of Algiers.
- Active in the National American Woman Suffrage Association, she was its president from 1904 to 1915.
- Can you find the photographer’s tent, the slope of a volcano (active Piton de la Fournaise), a picturesque coastline and the lights of the nearby city (Saint Philippe)?
- Many doctors who work in the battlefield of terminal suffering think that only the apprehensive one demands a firm difference between passive euthanasia and active euthanasia on demand.
- Interestingly, it was the men who left the active priesthood to marry who were most eloquent about celibacy.
- They were published too infrequently for the later, more active republic.
- Agostino di Giovanni, Italian sculptors who were active in the late 13th and early 14th centuries.
- An unconditional gentleman, a robust man who had an active career in the army.
- During the 1930’s, du Vigneaud recognized the importance of active methyl groups in methionine, choline, and related compounds. Using deuterium (heavy hydorgen), he studied the process of transmethylation ( transfer of CH3 groups between compounds) in biological systems.
- John Clifford’s keen social sympathies led to his active association with the radical wing of the Liberal party.
- Elected deputy from Dauphine to the States-General in 1789, he formed with Alexandre Lameth and Adrien Duport a revolutionary extremist group known as the “triumvirate,” and was active in a club which came to be known as the Jacobins.
- From 1905 he was active in St. Petersburg literary circles, and after 1921 he became an émigré, living first in Berlin and after 1923 in Paris.