Use Academy in a sentence. How to use the word Academy in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Academy.
Definition of Academy
- 1. A private high school or preparatory school.
- 2. A school for a particular field of study.
- 3. An association of learned people working to promote the arts or sciences.
Examples of Academy in a sentence
- a military academy.
- On the other hand, a month’s anarchy and confusion in a college or an academy would be delight to half the students, or else times have greatly changed since I was within college walls.
- The preceptor of an academy was sitting at his desk, at the close of school, while the pupils were putting up their books and leaving the room.
- Handmade in a classic by a genuine competitor of the Academy, assembling his masterpiece in one and winning the hearts of all who shared that “image time”.
- The personal Guernica of Kitaj was exhibited at the Royal Academy.
- After years of poverty, in which he earned his living as a tutor, he attracted the attention of Frederick the Great, who made him a member of the Royal Academy of Sciences in Berlin and gave him official encouragement for the last eight years of his life.
- He kept the valuable documents hidden until 1803 when the Academy was reorganized.
- After entering the Confucian civil service, he was promoted in 1604 to the Ilanlin Academy, pinnacle of the imperial bureaucracy.
- He studied at the National Academy of Design in New York and at the fîcole des Beaux-Arts in Paris.
- The Academy paid the expenses of his funeral.
- Actor Jake Gyllenhaal may have a lot of awards under his belt including Golden Globes, British Academy of Film and Television Arts, and Oscars, but that doesn’t mean he can snatch any role on his way.
- In 1856 he won the Mendelssohn scholarship at the Royal Academy of Music, and from 1858 to 1861 he studied in Leipzig.