How to use the word Railway in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Railway.
Definition of Railway
A railroad is a route between two places along which trains travel on steel rails.
Examples of Railway in a sentence
- Indigenous group blocks railway line in northern Mexico.
- At Beckenried there is an air railway to the Klewenalp, a summer resort and winter sports resort in the highlands.
- The government tended to intervene quickly with the police and troops when the main plants or the railway system were interrupted.
- There is also a very nice walk here, along the old railway line to another picturesque village, Little Melford.
- Manage cost standards for the construction of railway projects, formulate railway project quotas, estimate compilation methods and expense rules.
- This opinion received an additional impulse from the proposal to build the Trans-Siberian railway.
- Of course, in the training of children, as in managing a railway, it may sometimes be necessary to occasion a disaster in order to avoid a great catastrophe.
- If that were so, a lot of gruff old bachelors on railway trains are frequently moved by maternal instinct.
- The only thing that will free us from the futile way of the ogreish woman on the railway car and the austere Puritan lady is an abiding respect for our children.
- The railway shut down to a dispute over taxes with the borough.
- We see the railway industry through an integrative lens.
- It was clear that they were heading down the canon for the main road, still some miles away, by following which a little further they would arrive at a station on the railway.
- The people in the mountains would have no way of learning that the two had failed to reach the railway.
- This plan has, for some reason, never been introduced into America, and it is now probable that it never will be, as the railway system will doubtless supersede it.