Use Quenched in a sentence. How to use the word Quenched in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Quenched.
Examples of Quenched in a sentence
- The hikers quenched their thirst in a nearby stream.
- Finn had already quenched his thirst hastily a kilometer ago, in a mountain stream strewn with stones.
- Fortunately, the fountain was nearby and often quenched its burning thirst.
- At the ranch we saw that the cattle quenched their thirst in the trough under the trees.
- Back on street level, I quenched my thirst at the Heartland Brewery bar on 5th Avenue, next to the Empire State Building.
- While he seems to have quenched his thirst for now, Carter still believes that more business should be done in the asset management industry.
- Tired and obedient men and women quenched their thirst by taking slugs of water from plastic bottles.
- Tourists who flock to the city pay for attractive guides to walk in places they never stepped on, and drink in pubs where they only quenched their thirst on paper.
- If the quicklime is quenched with an excess of water, putty or grout is produced.
- Having worked in Jarndyce and Jarndyce as a galleys slave, I have quenched my thirst for the law and I have convinced myself that I would not like it.
- I quenched my thirst in the stream, and then, lying down, I was overcome by sleep.
- Zartusht with the fire-priests is slain in the fire-temple, the sacred fire is quenched in their blood, and two daughters of Gushtasp are carried away to Turan.
- The gods now beseech Brahman to make Viçvamitra a Brahman, otherwise by the power of his penances he will bring the three worlds to destruction; soon would the sun be quenched before the majesty of the penitent.
- Requested a second time by an Indian, a friend of old days, and afterwards at the command of Alexander, to lay down his weapons, he checked his elephants, quenched his thirst, and then allowed himself to be brought before Alexander, from whom his indomitable bearing and lofty form won respect.