Use October in a sentence. How to use the word October in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word October.
Examples of October in a sentence
- What does october mean?
- October definition and information about the month october.
- Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, sometimes occurs in October.
- Arthur Collier (12 October 1680 – September 1732), English philosopher, who developed the first system of absolute idealism, denying the possibility of an external world.
- On October 31, 1983, an indefinite prohibition of overtime was called to protest against the closing of wells.
- Department stores, clothing stores and accessories lost jobs during the period from October to December.
- After the liberation of Greece in October 1944, a period of civil war followed.
- The Republic of Turkey was established on October 29, 1923 from the remnants of the Ottoman Empire.
- In mid-October, many of the councilors and officials of the London Zoo.
- YOM KIPPUR, (Heb. for Day of Atonement), the most solemn of ali Jewish holidays, occurring on the lOth of Tishri (late September or early October).
- He also served as president of the Constituent Assembly from October 1790 to its dissolution, and won fame for his oratory there.
- He was born at Dethick, Derbyshire, England, in October 1561.
- Nevertheless, in October 1848 he accepted the post of minister of justice in the counter-revolutionary government led by Prince Felix von Schwarzenberg, and became minister of the interior in 1849.
- In March 1915, while inspecting an advanced position, he was wounded; and in October 1916 he was placed on the retired list.
- While minister of public works under Aristide Briand (1909-1910), Millerand broke a general strike of railroad workers in October 1910 by temporarily drafting them into the French Army.
- In October 1752 he began publishing the weekly Gray’s Inn Journal, modeled on the Spectator, but in 1754, being heavily in debt and disappointed in an expected legacy, he turned to acting.