Use Moss in a sentence. How to use the word Moss in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Moss. Sentence for Moss.
Examples of Moss in a sentence
- When you buy such pips, plant them in sand, peat, or moss.
- To get the Eucharis started, plant bulbs in a pan filled with wet moss.
- She found a shady place among these rocks, and sat down upon the moss.
- Rollo pulled away with his hoe, hauling out mud, moss, grass, and water, up upon the bank where he stood; and Jonas also kept at work clearing the passage with the spade.
- In one of these trees was a large hole; the bottom of the hole was covered with dry leaves and moss.
- They all had the appearance of rounded tufts of soft green moss, so completely were they all covered and hidden by the beautiful verdure.
- She came to a place where there were rocks, with smooth surfaces of moss and grass among them.
- The proportions of the Georgian front were impressive, and there was beauty of design in the quaint doorway, and in the steps of rounded stone which were brocaded now with a pattern of emerald moss.
- I remember rotting leaves that gave like moss underfoot; dried leaves that stirred and murmured as one walked over them; black leaves, brown leaves, wine-coloured leaves, and the still glossy leaves of the evergreens.
- There was a perfect sea of hills on every side, all covered with moss, ferns, and heather, with scarcely a tree of any kind to be seen, except those that fringed the shores of the lake down in the valley.
- There was nothing to be seen all around but hills and mountains, all covered with brakes and ferns, and moss and heather.
- About ten feet from our fireplace lay the moss-covered body of a pine tree that had fallen out across the meadow, possibly fifty or seventy-five years ago.