Use Layer in a sentence. How to use the word Layer in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Layer. Sentence for Layer.
Definition of Layer
- a sheet, quantity or thickness of the material, generally one of several, covering a surface or body.
- a person or thing that establishes something.
Examples of Layer in a sentence
- The ozone layer that surrounds the earth protects our skin from the damage caused by ultraviolet rays.
- The book has a whole layer of meaning that you may not get the first time you read it.
- In a scratch test, scratches are made in the epithelial layer of the skin, and a small amount of the suspected allergy-producing substance is rubbed into the area.
- Therefore, matting some thickness crushed rock layer under the bottom of cap and compact properly may enhance greatly the bearing capacity.
- Refrain from being collected in the market often, since the common layer boards were considered as with hardware accessories.
- Its principal function is to maintain and regulate secretion of many of the cortical steroid hormones (such as cortisol and corticosterone) produced by the adrenal cortex, the outer layer of the adrenal gland.
- Non-frost-heave soil such as sand with fine granule content less than 5%, gravel with fine granule content less than 15% and crushed rock can be used to build the anti-freezing layer of subgrade.
- The results show that the microstructure at remelted surface layer consists of mainly cementite and ledeburite, which apparently improves the hardness and wear resistance of the remelted specimen.
- The skin is normally protected from the effects of ultraviolet rays by the outermost layer of the epidermis (stratum corneum) and by particles of dark pigment (melanin) in the epidermis.
- Rollo looked down into the interstices, and saw that that part of the raft which was under water was formed of logs and timbers of very large size, placed close together side by side, with a layer above crossing the layer below.