Use Had in a sentence. How to use the word Had in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Had.
Examples of Had in a sentence
- I had run to catch the first Concorde to New York at the moment when its memo hit the Xerox machine.
- He had little formal education and at an early age devoted himself to his father’s profession.
- Someone had folded the antenna.
- An aerial search of the area proved unsuccessful, and it was presumed that they had died.
- In a couple of seconds the antenna was gone and the windshield wipers had also been ripped off.
- Weeks of aerial bombing had destroyed factories and roads.
- In 1932 Stanley Baldwin had revealed that, in the opinion of experts, there was no defense against aerial bombardment.
- And then I had it, specializing in aerial photography.
- Losses had also accumulated due to discounts and subsidies to private and public banks, and to exchange speculation.
- Now he had the generator driven by the wind for domestic use, he also invented the electric car battery cell.
- The accumulator was very heavy and had to be charged approximately once a month.
- The Chancellery had returned to the Carolingian practices, but with an energy that surpassed its model.
- All the teachers of the Chancellery have had a reference of the cause.
- Collier, observing that mutually incompatible properties had been predicated of the physical world, asserted that physical objects could have no existence outside the mind and that the material world is merely a manifestation of the divine will.
- An indefinite alteration had come over his whole person and manner.
- Before leaving, the teacher had requested an indefinite leave of absence, but the school board had denied his request.
- He had been working in the garden and was very hot and thirsty.
- Two candidates had withdrawn from the contest, leaving him as the only candidate.
- Physicists had until then generally ignored the wave-like aspect of partide emission.