Use were in a sentence. Sentence for were. How to use the word were in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word were. How to use “were” with example sentences.
Examples of were in a sentence
- Dove’s early “abstractions,” such as Pagan Philosophy (1913; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York), were followed by more representational works in the 1920’s.
- Her collected works were published in two volumes by her niece, Lucy Aikin, in 1825.
- Three incomplete novels, his major works, were published posthumously, against his wishes, by his friend Max Brod: Der Prozess (1925; Eng. tr. The Trial, 1937); Das Schloss (1926; Eng. tr. The Castle, 1930) ; and Amerika (1927; Eng. tr. America, 1938).
- All the early Irish setters were red and white.
- Some of the constitutional reforms that he proposed before World War II were adopted by the Fifth Republic.
- They were eloquent, and possessed a keen and bitter wit rather than outstanding originality of thought.
- The temperature of the coils and the velocity of the airflow were balanced to maintain the desirable humidity for the printing process.
- There were magnificent views of the surroundings.
- If there were a collapse of law and order, the army might be tempted to intervene.
- More than a hundred pottery sherds were recovered from the wall.
- We were in a tin cup on top of a broken wall?
- The samples were analyzed by XRD and SEM.
- At the beginning of the 20th century, attaitudes and the environment of many foreign offices were changing quite rapidly.
- These were the first long journeys that were not marked by the scourge scourge.
- A landslide also blocked the Cedar River southeast of Seattle, he said, and officials were considering evacuating residents from the area.
- Some panels of the fence were missing.
- The boxes were made of heavy bolted metal panels.
- Batteries for torches were recharged from the wind generator and solar panels, as was the radio battery.