Use Monotonous in a sentence. How to use the word Monotonous in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Monotonous. Sentence for Monotonous.
Definition of monotonous
- 1. Not changing in pitch or tone : monotonous talk
- 2. Boring becasue of lack of variety or change: a monotonous task.
Examples of monotonous in a sentence
- Wasted mandate and monotonous work.
- The rain was dripping steadily in a monotonous drizzle.
- The accountant said it was the most monotonous day she had ever spent.
- In this comedy, which has been translated into 35 languages, Yuste will become a married taxi driver who apparently leads a very quiet and somewhat monotonous life.
- Unfortunately, the dependence on the dynamics of achieving gags ends up sabotaging part of the power of the same, as the impact declines and not having a well defined progression in the first season, may end up being monotonous.
- One instructor is like the engine-boy, turning, without cessation or change, his everlasting stop-cock, in the same ceaseless, mechanical, and monotonous routine.
- It would be equally unwise to keep them many days performing example after example in monotonous succession, each lesson a mere repetition of the last.
- These means of awakening interest and relieving the tedium of the uninterrupted and monotonous study of text-books must not encroach on the regular duties of the school.
- Must every thing in education go on in a uniform and monotonous manner, and, while all else is advancing, shall our cause alone stand still?
- Gradually, after what seemed to me to be hours of that monotonous pace, the light on the road faded slowly to a delicate primrose.
- Veiled in the monotonous fall of the leaves, it seemed to Margaret that the desolate evening awaited her.
- The good which was accomplished extended perhaps through a long, but monotonous period of quiescence and repose.