Use Jousting in a sentence. How to use the word Jousting in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Jousting. Sentence for Jousting.
Examples of Jousting in a sentence
- Jousting is a martial game or hastilude between two horsemen wielding lances with blunted tips, often as part of a tournament.
- Jousting fell out of fashion by the end of the Middle Ages, but there were occasional revivals up to the 19th century CE. Tournaments.
- Jousting fell from favour by the beginning of the 16th century.
- Jousting originated in the Roman era, but became what we know it as today during the reigns of Henry VIII and Elizabeth I.
- Jousting was a kind of sporting contest where two knights on horseback, armed with blunted lances, tilted at each other.
- A jousting match consists of a number of runs or passes where the riders attempt to hit each other’s shields at either the canter or the gallop.
- Shane explains the point system and the essential do’s and don’t’s of jousting.
- Jousting in its original form has generally been credited to a French man named Geoffori de Pruelli.
- In theatrical jousting, the passes are scripted and the lances are built to break rather than deliver much of a blow.
- The origins of jousting are believed to be in classical Rome, but the “sport” rose to its greatest popularity in Europe by the 1400’s.
- Fisherman jousting was an aquatic combat sport practiced in ancient Egypt.
- Maryland designated jousting as the official state sport in 1962.
- When people hear the word “jousting” most immediately think of armored knights on huge horses charging at each other with lances.
- Can a band of American knights turn “full contact” jousting into an action sport?
- In this activity, students design and construct a jousting vehicle powered by gravity.
- Château du Rivau in the Loire Valley organises authentic jousting tournaments: come to watch a medieval joust and visit our fairytale-inspired gardens.