Use Agony in a sentence. How to use the word Agony in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Agony. Sentence for Agony.
Examples of Agony in a sentence
- “Oh, Pell! Pell!” I cried out in agony.
- A supreme agony moved her in this appeal.
- He surrendered in an agony of terror and despair.
- For everyone, Rab thought, through all his agony, like an elephant in the zoo.
- After the agony of mind, the aching of body was strangely soothing.
- The horse plunged and reared in his agony and terror, and then fell, throwing Pyrrhus to the ground.
- So full of agony was the sound that it seemed to pass like a gust of wind over the broomsedge.
- The physician regarded her pityingly, as she stood trembling in an agony of impatience and apprehension.
- Speak honestly, and say that because of a little moral shrinking on your part, you prefer to leave a human being to a death of agony.
- The other boy, in an agony of terror, is struggling, hopelessly, to release his foot from the convolutions with which one of the serpents has encircled it.
- Why, then, should I contribute, by my refusal to comply with his request, an additional hour of agony to his existence?
- What agony of mind he must have endured in these past months, these months when they had worked so quietly side by side on his book!
- “The worst is over,” she answered quietly, with that tearless agony which is so much more terrible than any outburst of grief.
- The sound of its agony would have found the heart that was intended to do more than keep you alive with its beating.
- The letter fell from the young woman’s hand as she still gazed in mute agony down the canon.
- The knout was a large and strong whip, the lash of which consists of a tough, thick thong of leather, prepared in a particular way, so as greatly to increase the intensity of the agony caused by the blows inflicted with it.