How to use the word Plumage in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Plumage.
Examples of Plumage in a sentence
- They have red or red-and-yellow beaks and dark-brown plumage, lighter below.
- This is peculiarly true when the spring and autumn plumage are different, as in the case of bobolinks, that now are flitting southward as yellow-brown reed-birds.
- Suddenly a harsh scream sounded a little way to the right, and a peacock, with flaunting plumage, marched across the lawn, through the sunlight and shadow.
- There were ponds, with a quantity of birds of the gayest plumage sailing upon them; and green slopes, with goats, or deer, or sheep, of the most extraordinary forms and colors, grazing in them.
- Avian plumage has long been used to test theories of sexual selection, with humans assessing the colors.
- In reply the radical author Tom Paine complained that Burke pitied the plumage, but forgot the dying bird.
- Concordant evolution of plumage colour, feather microstructure and a melanocortin receptor gene between mainland and island populations of a fairy-
- In birds, the evolution of increasingly complex and colorful plumage may promote speciation by introducing prezygotic mating barriers.
- Plumage pigment abnormalities in wild birds are changes in feather colour that can result from a variety of causes.
- Body mass and acquisition of breeding plumage of wintering Calidris pusilla (
Linnaeus) (Aves, Scolopacidae) in the coast of Pernambuco, north-eastern Brazil .
- Many of the adults have beautiful green faces and they all had fresh breeding plumage.
- In spring ducks require their colourful plumage to attract a mate during the breeding season.
- Many birds with colored dorsal plumage have white underparts and among waterbirds extensive white plumage is common.
- Under a full moon, the birds’ plumage triggers their prey to freeze for a longer time, making it easier to catch, new research suggests.