Use Weedy in a sentence. How to use the word Weedy in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Weedy. Sentence for Weedy.
Examples of Weedy in a sentence
- A bittern, too, stood in the weedy marsh.
- Two weedy species in the eastern United States are the hoary tick clover, D. canadense, and the Spanish tick clover, D. tortuosum.
- The desert of Kuwait is covered with patches of coarse, weedy grass and small bushes.
- For want of something better to do, I pushed my way into the weedy marsh until I reached a prostrate tree-trunk that during the last freshet had stranded there.
- How clearly we saw in the corner of the weedy old worm-fence the stupid opossum bungling along, and awoke with a start as the clumsy creature sprang the trap from the outside!
- Twice a song-sparrow came, bathed in the lotus-tub, and, when not foraging in the weedy corners, sang its old-fashioned song, now so seldom heard within town limits.
- So, the sloping hillside and the weedy meadows, brilliant with every shade of freshest green and starred with a hundred tints, roseate, golden, and white, call for an infinite power of contemplation, and leave the wanderer dazed.
- Up from the glistening expanse of weedy meadows comes the blithe song of the sparrow; out from the misty depths of the river valley floats the triumphant cawing of the crow.
- There are several other species of the same family (the finches) here in the same weedy pastures, and far oftener all are singing than that any are silent.
- The modest, peaceful valley of the Delaware River, from the head of tide-water southward, is as little suggestive of the Arctic Circle, for at least nine months of the year, as do its low and weedy banks in summer suggest the tropics.