Use Xylem in a sentence. How to use the word Xylem in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Xylem. Sentence for Xylem.
Examples of Xylem in a sentence
- Xylem also contains two other cell types: parenchyma and fibers.
- The centripetal xylem differs from the outside towards the center, and a centripetal inflorescence (for example, the capitulum) is one in which the outer flowers open before those in the center.
- The branching pattern exhibited by xylem follows Murray’s law.
- Xylem is one of the two types of transport tissue in vascular plants, the other being phloem.
- As part of the xylem tissue, tracheids conduct water and minerals from the roots to the rest of the plant.
- Xylem, plant vascular tissue that conveys water and dissolved minerals from the roots to the rest of the plant and also provides physical support.
- Cross section of xylem tissue from an oak tree (Quercus species).
- Xylem formation begins when the actively dividing cells of growing root and shoot tips (apical meristems) give rise to primary xylem.
- The most distinctive xylem cells are the long tracheary elements that transport water.
- The xylem tracheary elements consist of cells known as tracheids and vessel members, both of which are typically narrow, hollow, and elongated.
- In addition to the tracheary elements, xylem tissue also features fibre cells for support and parenchyma (thin-walled, unspecialized cells) for the storage of various substances.
- Primary xylem is formed during primary growth from procambium.
- Selective inter-connection between these systems allows this high solute concentration in the phloem to draw xylem fluid upwards by negative pressure.
- The primary force that creates the capillary action movement of water upwards in plants is the adhesion between the water and the surface of the xylem conduits.
- Even after an embolism has occurred, plants are able to refill the xylem and restore the functionality.