Use Work in a sentence. How to use the word Work in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Work. Sentence for Work.
Definition of Work
- activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result.
- mental or physical activity as a means of earning income; employment.
- a task or tasks to be undertaken; something a person or thing has to do.
- be engaged in physical or mental activity in order to achieve a purpose or result, especially in one’s job; do work.
Examples of Work in a sentence
- *** The work of the former Court of the Chancellery is the basis of the work done today by the Foreign Ministry Division.
- *** Thenard did much of his important work with J. L. Gay-Lussac.
- *** He is a critic of “umbrella” contracts, which allow large amounts of diverse work to fall under a contract, such as what are known as “indefinite delivery-indefinite quantity” contracts.
- *** Her vocation is her work as an actress.
- *** Her performance in that work really put her on the map as a comedy actress.
- *** In the early Soviet period, some experimentation in art and architecture continued along with work in traditional styles.
- *** The boss was not satisfied with his work and filled it.
- *** He tried to spoil the boss by staying after work and helping him clean the room.
- *** She finds it difficult to get up early for work because she isn’t used to getting up so early.
- *** I can not decide whether to accept the work of Cambridge or London, but in any case I will have to move from home.
- *** A school would not accept low quality work from any student.
- *** Much of Hardy’s work was in collaboration with John E. Littlewood and Srinavasa Ramanujan.
- *** Normally I finish work at at five, but this week I am working until six to earn a little more money.
- *** I found the work quite boring, but it had its moments.
- *** Donald is never late. He always gets to work on time.
- *** I thought that the work was, I daresay, boring.