Use Winter in a sentence. How to use the word Winter in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Winter.
Definition of Winter
- the coldest season of the year, in the northern hemisphere from December to February and in the southern hemisphere from June to August.
Examples of Winter in a sentence
- During the winter, the plant is half asleep.
- Several ski resorts cater to winter visitors, mostly from Rome.
- I never liked long walks, especially in winter.
- On a winter day, the Lords have the cozy atmosphere of a modernized Victorian manor house with central heating.
- The birch forests of Siberia, so erect, so elegant in autumn, had broken with this winter season.
- Winter uredinia can be one of the preliminary sources of infection.
- For example, many rusts winter in alternative hosts.
- But I remember something about the cold weather and the screaming days that force the deciduous trees to begin their winter preparation.
- Each winter the flocks return to Slim bridge, the largest congregation of the species in Great Britain.
- The highlands benefit from prolonged winter snow cover, and there are quasipermanent snow patches in the Cairngorm Mountains.
- Climbers and winter ski parties take accommodations in villages in the upper glens and use the barren and generally depopulated moorlands of the Highlands.
- The winter solstice is December 21 (TODAY) and is the “shortest” day of the year and marks the beginning of the winter period.
- Besides, you do not just want to leave your winter in an absolute white, right?
- St. Patrick’s Day is an enchanted moment, a day to begin transforming the dreams of winter into the magic of summer.
- Another European legend tells that during a cold winter night, a child sought refuge in the house of a lumberjack and his wife, who received him and gave him food.
- But when does the sun set on today’s winter solstice and what does it mean?