Use Will in a sentence. How to use the word Will in a sentence? How is “Will” used in English? What are the rules of use of “Will”? Sentence for Will.
Definition of Will
The term “will” has multiple definitions, but it is often used to refer to a person’s ability to make decisions and choices based on their own desires or intentions. Here are a few common definitions of the word “will”:
- The mental faculty or power by which a person decides or chooses; the ability to control one’s actions or decisions.
- A determination or resolve to do something; the drive or motivation to accomplish a goal.
- A legal document that specifies how a person’s property and assets should be distributed after their death.
- An expression of a person’s desire or preference; something that someone wants or wishes to happen.
- The collective wishes or desires of a group of people; the expression of a community’s shared intentions or goals.
Overall, “will” is a term that can be used to refer to the ability to make choices and decisions, as well as to the determination and drive to accomplish goals. It can also refer to legal documents, personal desires, and collective intentions.
How is “Will” used in English? What are the rules of use of “Will”?
The word “will” is a versatile term in English that can be used in a variety of ways. Here are some common rules for using “will” in English:
- “Will” can be used as a modal verb to express future tense, indicating a future action or event. For example: “I will go to the store tomorrow.”
- “Will” can be used as a verb to express determination or a decision. For example: “I will finish this project by the end of the week.”
- “Will” can be used as a noun to refer to a legal document that outlines a person’s wishes for the distribution of their property after death. For example: “My father’s will stated that his estate should be divided equally among his children.”
- “Will” can be used to express a willingness or desire to do something. For example: “I will help you with your homework if you need it.”
- “Will” can be used to express a prediction or likelihood. For example: “I think it will rain later today.”
- “Will” can be used to express a habit or tendency. For example: “She will always go for a run before work.”
- “Will” can be used as a conjunction to introduce a clause that expresses a result or consequence. For example: “If you eat too much, you will feel sick.”
- “Will” can be used to express a request or order. For example: “Will you please close the window?”
Overall, “will” is a flexible term that can be used in a variety of contexts to express future tense, determination, willingness, desire, prediction, habit, consequence, request, and legal matters.
Examples of will in a sentence
Here are 30 sample sentences using the word “will”:
- I will be happy to help you with your project.
- Will you join us for dinner tonight?
- She will graduate from college next month.
- He will never give up on his dreams.
- Will the concert be canceled if it rains?
- They will meet us at the restaurant at 7 pm.
- I’m sure she will be a great success in her new job.
- Will you please pass the salt?
- We will have to reschedule our meeting for next week.
- He will always be there for his family and friends.
- If you don’t hurry, you will miss the train.
- She will always remember the day she got married.
- Will you please turn off the lights before you leave?
- They will celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary next year.
- He will run his first marathon next month.
- If you practice every day, you will improve your skills.
- Will you be attending the conference next week?
- They will donate a portion of their profits to charity.
- She will not tolerate any disrespect in her classroom.
- Will you help me carry these boxes to the car?
- We will visit our grandparents over the weekend.
- If you eat too much junk food, you will gain weight.
- He will always remember the lessons his grandfather taught him.
- Will you please bring me a glass of water?
- They will start their own business next year.
- She will pursue her passion for art after retirement.
- If you work hard, you will achieve your goals.
- Will you be able to attend the meeting tomorrow morning?
- They will take a vacation to Europe next summer.
- She will never forget the kindness of her neighbors during a difficult time.