How to use the word Virus in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Virus.
Examples of Virus in a sentence
1. The human polio virus magnified 100,000 times by the electron microscope.
2. It is caused by a virus, the smallest living material.
3. The virus is present in the nasopharynx and bowel movements and may be spread by sneezing, coughing, or by contamination of water or food with sewage.
4. Experimenters devised a method for growing the virus on the kidney tissue of monkeys.
5. The virus was then killed by various methods, including the use of ultraviolet rays and formaldehyde.
6. The virus has shown evidence of human-to-human transmission and its transmission rate (rate of infection) appeared to escalate in mid-January 2020, with several countries across Europe, North America and the Asia-Pacific reporting cases.
7. The first local transmission of the virus outside China occurred in Vietnam from a father to his son, whereas the first local transmission not involving family occurred in Bavaria, Germany on January 22 when a Bavarian man contracted the disease from a Chinese business visitor at a meeting in Germany.
8. Travelers who have visited Mainland China have been asked to monitor their health for at least two weeks and contact their healthcare provider to report any symptoms of the virus.
9. Anyone who suspects that they are carrying the virus is advised to wear a protective mask and seek medical advice by calling a doctor rather than directly visiting a clinic in person.
10. Airports and train stations have implemented temperature checks, health declarations and information signage in an attempt to identify carriers of the virus.
11. Whether this virus is of the same severity or lethality as SARS is unclear.
12. The virus originated in horseshoe bats, then passed to humans via civets from live animal markets and with the help of a few super-spreaders and international air travel, reached as far as Canada and the United States.