How to use the word Virus in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Virus.
Examples of Virus in a sentence
- The human polio virus magnified 100,000 times by the electron microscope.
- It is caused by a virus, the smallest living material.
- The virus is present in the nasopharynx and bowel movements and may be spread by sneezing, coughing, or by contamination of water or food with sewage.
- Experimenters devised a method for growing the virus on the kidney tissue of monkeys.
- The virus was then killed by various methods, including the use of ultraviolet rays and formaldehyde.
- The virus has shown evidence of human-to-human transmission and its transmission rate (rate of infection) appeared to escalate in mid-January 2020, with several countries across Europe, North America and the Asia-Pacific reporting cases.
- The first local transmission of the virus outside China occurred in Vietnam from a father to his son, whereas the first local transmission not involving family occurred in Bavaria, Germany on January 22 when a Bavarian man contracted the disease from a Chinese business visitor at a meeting in Germany.
- Travelers who have visited Mainland China have been asked to monitor their health for at least two weeks and contact their healthcare provider to report any symptoms of the virus.
- Anyone who suspects that they are carrying the virus is advised to wear a protective mask and seek medical advice by calling a doctor rather than directly visiting a clinic in person.
- Airports and train stations have implemented temperature checks, health declarations and information signage in an attempt to identify carriers of the virus.
- Whether this virus is of the same severity or lethality as SARS is unclear.
- The virus originated in horseshoe bats, then passed to humans via civets from live animal markets and with the help of a few super-spreaders and international air travel, reached as far as Canada and the United States.