How to use the word Venerable in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Venerable.
Examples of Venerable in a sentence
- *** The cathedral is a venerable building.
- *** Columbia was a young city compared to the venerable Charleston.
- *** We plan to visit the venerable ruins of the abbey.
- *** May Day has become a venerable institution.
- *** The battle was the venerable one of pure art, formalist versus art with a social function.
- *** Miami’s venerable red and cream two-story floors rumbled along the Thames embankment for the last time in 1963.
- *** I silently prayed for peace to those venerable remains.
- *** In December 1994, for example, the venerable retailer had an increase in sales in the same store of 7. 3 percent.
- *** He celebrated three venerable Cleveland institutions.
- *** Appeared before three or four venerable knights who gave him a lecture on how to behave in the Far East.
- *** But now the venerable types go their separate ways.
- *** Until that day, this venerable letter, like a kidnapped virgin, will be jealously guarded by those who have signed it.
- *** Hell, even the venerable New York Times devoted a lot of ink to the whole exaggerated affair.
- *** As for the deans, there is an ancient and venerable tradition of the foolish saint.
- *** Breakspear was more venerable and less ostentatious than most universities.
- *** While the church burned, parishioners brought out venerable items, including a safe where the books were kept.
- *** At his death, Venerable Bede gave his spices to his fellow priests.
- *** The video subsystem was the venerable Trident 8900C Super VGA card.
- *** In this, they followed a venerable tradition.
- *** This is what he has done to the venerable game of golf and our conception of what is and is not possible.
- *** Maybe you still value these venerable institutions, and although you see weaknesses in them, you are working to see how they change.
- *** The attorney-client privilege against compulsory testimony is the most venerable privilege of the law.