Use Various in a sentence. How to use the word Various in a sentence? How is “Various” used in English? What are the rules of use of “Various”? Sentence for Various.
Definition of Various
Various refers to the state of being different or distinct from one another. It can also refer to the state of being made up of a number of different things or elements. For example, various types of fruits would refer to different kinds of fruits, while various colors of paint would refer to different shades or hues of paint. The word can also be used to describe a range of different options or possibilities. For example, the menu has various dishes to choose from.
How is “Various” used in English? What are the rules of use of “Various”?
“Various” is an adjective used to describe a collection of things or people that are different or of diverse types. It indicates that there are multiple items involved and they are not the same. Some rules of using “various” include:
- Placement: “Various” typically appears before the noun it modifies. For example: “The store offers various types of fruit.“
- Singular or Plural Nouns: “Various” can be used with both singular and plural nouns. For example: “There are various reasons for this” and “Various fruits are on sale.“
- Avoid repetition: Avoid using “various” repeatedly in close proximity as it can become repetitive and annoying.
- Context: Make sure “various” makes sense in the context of the sentence. For example, if you are discussing only two items, it would not be appropriate to describe them as “various.”
- Emphasis: Using “various” can add emphasis to the diversity of the items being described, but overuse can also dilute the impact of the word.
Examples of Various in a sentence
- The store had various items on sale.
- She had various reasons for her decision.
- The museum had various artifacts from different civilizations.
- He had various interests, from music to sports.
- The company offered various benefits to its employees.
- The conference featured various speakers from different fields.
- The book covers various aspects of the subject.
- The menu had various options for vegetarians.
- The city had various neighborhoods with different cultures.
- The class discussed various theories on the topic.
- The project required various skills to complete.
- The website had various sections for different types of users.
- The team had various players with different strengths.
- The company had various departments to handle different tasks.
- The survey had various questions on different topics.
- The program offered various options for customization.
- The artist used various mediums in her work.
- The company had various branches in different cities.
- The conference had various sessions on different subjects.
- The store had various discounts for different products.