Use Tribunal in a sentence. How to use the word Tribunal in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Tribunal. Sentence for Tribunal.
Definition of Tribunal
- a body established to resolve certain types of disputes.
- a court of justice.
Examples of Tribunal in a sentence
- “I deny the jurisdiction of the tribunal,” I said.
- Nero and the other members of the tribunal were convinced of his guilt.
- Last month, an industrial tribunal unanimously rejected his claim of unfair dismissal.
- Silius and several of his leading friends were arrested and brought together before a sort of military tribunal summoned on the spot to try them.
- Accordingly, I pulled a very grave and long face, and sat in silence, awaiting the questions that the military tribunal might propound to me.
- It happened singularly enough that among those whom Nero summoned to serve on the tribunal for the trial of the prisoners were two of the principal conspirators, who had not yet been accused.
- Flavius was the man who had once undertaken to kill the emperor in the streets, and while standing near him at the tribunal, he made signs to the other conspirators that he was ready to stab him to the heart now, if they would but say the word.
- It has always been the custom, in modern times, to require the solemn act of the supreme magistrate of any state to confirm a decision of a tribunal which condemns a person to death, by signing what is called a warrant for the execution.
- At the time of its arrival at Tarsus, Antony was engaged in giving a public audience at some tribunal in his palace, but every body ran to see Cleopatra and the barge, and the great triumvir was left consequently alone, or, at least, with only a few official attendants near him.