Use Thinking in a sentence. How to use the word Thinking in a sentence? How is “Thinking” used in English? What are the rules of use of “Thinking”? Sentence for Thinking.
Definition of Thinking
Thinking refers to the cognitive process of considering information, ideas, or concepts in order to form judgments, solve problems, make decisions, or draw conclusions. Thinking involves mental activities such as perception, attention, memory, reasoning, and problem solving, and can be either conscious or unconscious. It is an integral part of human behavior and is necessary for decision making, creativity, and the development of new ideas and concepts. Thinking can be influenced by a variety of factors, including emotions, beliefs, past experiences, and cultural background. It is a complex and dynamic process that is ongoing and constantly changing.
How is “Thinking” used in English? What are the rules of use of “Thinking”?
“Thinking” is a verb in English that is used to describe the act of using one’s mind to consider or reflect on something. It can be used in several forms, including present tense (e.g. “I am thinking“), present participle (e.g. “I have been thinking“), and past participle (e.g. “I have thought“).
Here are some of the rules for using “thinking” in English:
- When used as a verb, “thinking” is often followed by “about” or “of” to indicate the subject of thought. For example, “I’m thinking about my next vacation” or “I’m thinking of ways to solve this problem.“
- In the present tense, “thinking” can be used to describe a continuous action that is happening at the moment. For example, “I’m thinking about my next move.“
- In the past tense, “thinking” can be used to describe an action that was completed in the past. For example, “I was thinking about it last night.“
- “Thinking” can also be used as a noun, usually in the form “thinking” or “way of thinking.” For example, “Her way of thinking is very analytical.“
- “Thinking” can also be used as an adjective, usually in the form “thoughtful.” For example, “He was a thoughtful person who always considered the feelings of others.“
It’s important to note that the use of “thinking” can vary in different English-speaking regions, and the rules may be different in other contexts, such as in written fiction or formal academic writing.
Examples of thinking in a sentence
Here are 30 example sentences using the word “thinking“:
- I’m thinking about what I want to eat for dinner.
- He was thinking about how he could make more money.
- I’ve been thinking about our conversation yesterday.
- She’s always been a good problem solver because of her critical thinking skills.
- He had to stop and think before making a decision.
- She asked for time to think things over.
- He thought hard about the best solution to the problem.
- I’m thinking of buying a new car.
- She’s always thinking of new ideas for her business.
- He was thinking about taking a different approach to his work.
- I was thinking about you all day.
- She thought long and hard before choosing her words carefully.
- I’m thinking about changing my job.
- He was thinking about all the things he wanted to do in life.
- She thought about the consequences of her actions before making a choice.
- I’m thinking about starting a new hobby.
- He was thinking about his future and what he wanted to achieve.
- She thought about the pros and cons of each option before making a decision.
- I’m thinking about taking a vacation next month.
- He was thinking about how he could improve his relationship with his family.
- She thought about what she really wanted in life before making a plan.
- I’m thinking of moving to a new city.
- He was thinking about all the things he had accomplished so far.
- She thought about the impact of her choices on others before acting.
- I’m thinking about trying a new sport.
- He was thinking about his past experiences and how they shaped him.
- She thought about the importance of taking care of herself before making changes.
- I’m thinking about the things I want to achieve in the next 5 years.
- He was thinking about how he could give back to the community.
- She thought about the role she wanted to play in making the world a better place.