Use Shell in a sentence. How to use the word Shell in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Shell. Sentence for Shell.
Examples of shell in a sentence
- The females, unlike the males, secrete a paper-thin spiral shell each year before mating.
- O, now my prettiest shell is broken!
- Then he seized the great gold-adorned shell and blew for onset.
- Many sand dollars also have elongated slitlike holes, or lunules, perforating the shell in a symmetrical arrangement.
- This delicate, semitransparent shell serves mainly as an egg case, sheltering the fertilized eggs.
- The body is enclosed in a limy shell, known as a test, through which protrude ambulacral, or tube, feet and many very fine spines.
- The mantle is oblong, flexible, and transparent and has side lobes, used as fins, that extend over the sides and back to cover the rudimentary shell.
- The lower part of the walls, so Xenophon tells us, was built of smoothed shell-stone; the thickness was about 50 feet, and the height also 50 feet.
- He was a shell of a man—a shell vitalized and animated by an immense, an indestructible illusion.
- Often the bursting of a shell sets a building on fire, and then the dreadful effects of a conflagration are added to the horrors of the scene.
- The Carthaginian power had become a mere hollow shell, empty and vain, which required only one great final blow to effect its absolute demolition.
- When the time was fully come, he very coolly gnawed a hole in one end of his glossy shell, and laboriously pushed himself through, his broad and beautiful wings folded up compactly by his side.
- He took up the empty shell, and looked at the hole.
- The butterfly had rather be free; but he has left you the chrysalis shell, and that, notwithstanding the hole, is a greater curiosity now, than it was before.