Use Self in a sentence. How to use the word Self in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Self. Sentence for Self.
Examples of self in a sentence
- Your impatient self clearly suffers from a similar fixed cost to perform subtraction.
- Make 2018 the year you adopt your beautiful self and be a better role model to your children over their self-image by making only positive comments about their body.
- It will teach them self-control and self-government, and will accustom them to submit to the majority–that lesson which, of all others, it is important for a republican to learn.
- “But, mother,” said Nathan, “father told me, his very self, that they were no higher than my head.”
- His purest nature, his best self, must be praised and invoked for aid.
- The Greeks with one consent describe the Persians of ancient times as simple, hardy, self-controlled men, of great endurance and martial vigour, with few requirements.
- With the Brahmans the force of asceticism was so preponderant, and absorbed the divine nature to such a degree, that it was soon regarded by them as the highest divine potency; in their view the gods and Brahman itself exercised creative power only by virtue of ascetic concentration on self, and severe penances.
- In the Sankhya the intellectual principle is not the divine world-soul, which permits everything to emanate from itself and return to itself; it is the individual self, and besides this and material nature there is no real being, no real essence.
- None of them had set himself with such force to take away every support from the feeling of self-confidence.
- It is easy to roll out the cant saying, “I spank you because I love you,” but it is very difficult to bring one’s self into that frame of mind in which it would be the mere truth to say, “I spank you because I respect you.”