How to use the word Roman in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Roman.
Examples of Roman in a sentence
- Roman, Venetian, Crusader, Tatar, Kuman, Turk, Magyar, and German, to mention only a few, all have left their mark on the land.
- The custom of tipping dates from at least the Roman era and more likely from the first use of coined money, but the origin of the word “tip” is obscure.
- Abrogation, a term derived from canon and Roman law, means the complete repeal or annulment of an authoritative decree.
- Lucius Accius (c. 170 b.c.-c. 90 b.c.), was a Roman dramatist and prose writer.
- Celt, a member of a group of peoples who spread over much of Europe and to the British Isles in pre-Roman times.
- This aerial view of Pevensey Castle shows the Roman fortress along with the fortress and the medieval courtyard in the southeast corner.
- Aerial photographs suggest at least one Roman-Celtic temple together with other circular or rectangular structures.
- The Roman poet Horace ranked Eupolis, Aristophanes, and Cratinus as the greatest writers of old comedy.
- Much of our knowledge of Roman architecture comes from the writings of Vitruvius Pollio, active architect of the time, author of De Architectura.
- Luigi wore the picturesque garb of the Roman peasant during the holidays.
- Reid recommended visiting Veliko Tarnovo, an old capital, and the picturesque city of Plovdiv, home to the Roman ruins.
- Founded in 658 a. C., Istanbul was the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire and the Ottoman Empire, the terminus of the ancient silk route.
- Saint Jerome was the Pope of the Roman Catholic Church.
- I print his orders in Italics, and his remarks and explanations in Roman letters.
- If a Roman Catholic community establish a school, and appoint a Roman Catholic teacher, he may properly, in his intercourse with his scholars, allude, with commendation, to the opinions and practices of that church.