Use Republic in a sentence. How to use the word Republic in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Republic.
Examples of Republic in a sentence
- Daudet produced volumes of Swiftian attack on the medical profession ( Les morticoles, 1894), on literary coteries ( Le stupide dix – neuvième siècle, 1922), and especially on the Third Republic, democratic institutions, and the Jews.
- The Democratic Republic of Congo and Zambia have few if any Muslims.
- MORE than 80 years after having been supplanted by the Turkish Republic, the Ottoman Empire will not die.
- Northern Yemen became independent from the Ottoman Empire in 1918 and became a republic, known as the Yemen Arab Republic (YAR) in 1962.
- Most of Dalmatia was part of the Republic of Venice, when walled citadels were built to protect against the constant threat of invasion of the Ottoman Empire.
- Türkiye (Turkey) becomes a republic after the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire.
- Dalou’s fame is mainly owing to his monumental public sculpture—notably the allegorical Triumph of the Republic (1880-1889) in the Place de la Nation, Paris, and the Triumph of Silene (1897) and the monument to Delacroix (1890), both in the Luxembourg Gardens, Paris.
- In 1931 he formed the “Harzburg Front,” a union of extreme right-wing groups to fight the Weimar republic.
- Tipping became prevalent in the American colonies, but after independence and the growth of pride in the young republic, the tip was often condemned as undemocratic and demeaning.
- Shall the government of school be a monarchy or a republic?
- Thus there was no republic at all, from beginning to end.
- After the death of Charles, a sort of republic was established in England, called the Commonwealth, over which, instead of a king, Oliver Cromwell presided, under the title of Protector.
- But the co-operation of the French Republic and the British Empire invested it with an alarming significance.