Use Prosperous in a sentence. How to use the word Prosperous in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Prosperous.
Definition of Prosperous
Successful; flourishing; thriving.
Examples of Prosperous in a sentence
- They were at last happily established in a fruitful land, surrounded by powerful friends, and about to enter apparently upon a long career of peaceful and prosperous industry.
- Images of the prosperous days of the village are presented with a felicity that makes the poem memorable, regardless of its social purpose.
- Have a prosperous and happy new year.
- Once the prosperous port of Linlithgow, Blackness is a picturesque village with a heavily fortified castle.
- Actually, the family is prosperous only because Nora, his wife, once committed a fraud.
- By many metrics, the United States is the most prosperous country in the history of the world.
- What, then, is the most important secret of a prosperous economy?
- Thou hast power over the peace and the disquiet of lands; prosperous art thou in the battle, and strong.
- The same gentleness and loveliness of character which she had exhibited in her prosperous fortunes, shone still more conspicuously now in her hours of sorrow.
- He occupied the throne a long time, and his reign was considered very prosperous and glorious.
- The name of this emperor was Severus. He was powerful and prosperous at home, but his life was embittered by one great calamity, the dissolute character and the perpetual quarrels of his sons.
- The result of this second attempt was a prosperous voyage, and the little fleet arrived in due time at Burlington, on the English coast, where the queen landed her money and her stores.
- The name of his oldest son was Edward; he was to succeed Alfred on the throne, and it was a source now of great satisfaction to the king to find this son emulating his virtues, and preparing for an honorable and prosperous reign.