Use Poisonous in a sentence. How to use the word Poisonous in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Poisonous. Sentence for Poisonous.
Examples of Poisonous in a sentence
- He was bitten by a poisonous snake.
- For most such substances there is both a safe dose and a poisonous dose, the severity of the effect depending on the amount taken and on the age and physical condition of the person involved.
- Kereçaçpa smote the poisonous green serpent Çruvara, on which flowed poison to the thickness of a thumb, and it swallowed men and horses.
- To them belong gloom, cold, drought, the barren land and the wilderness, thorns and poisonous herbs, hunger and thirst, sickness, death, dirt, laziness, lying, sin.
- Like poisonous snakes darting their tongues in anger, their arrows bite me and drink my heart’s blood.
- The knack of recognizing the difference between truth and falsehood is like the knack of recognizing the difference between edible and poisonous mushrooms.
- So impalpable yet so pervasive was the enemy that it was like fighting a poisonous odour.
- It was like a flame, clearing the atmosphere of all that was evil, of all that was poisonous and deadly.
- Nero sent for Pollio, and directed him to procure from his prisoner a poisonous potion suitable for the purpose intended.
- It was considered poisonous by the ancients, but it is actually harmless to man, except for an acrid substance that is produced by some species and that irritates the human skin.
- They filled a den with poisonous snakes, and then drove the wretched Ragnar into it.
- She laid the poisonous reptile on her naked arm, and died immediately of the bite which it inflicted.
- “Johnny! Hey, Johnny!” cries Chester McRae, his eyes as dull and poisonous as two tiny toads.
- It’s not just plants but animals can also be poisonous.
- One of your health and safety responsibilities as a board of trustees is to protect people from poisonous plants at your school.
- The most poisonous part of your body is probably your liver – more specifically, the fat-soluble vitamin A that is stored there.