How to use the word Poisoning in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Poisoning.
Examples of Poisoning in a sentence
- Poisoning is an emergency situation; the doctor should be called immediately, and first aid given at once.
- In first-aid treatment for poisoning, two points are important.
- A universal antidote which can be given for ali cases of poisoning and which every household should keep on hand consists of the following: two parts powdered burnt toast, one part milk of magnesia, one part strong tea.
- Two important exceptions are alkali and acid poisoning.
- In first-aid treatment for acid poisoning, neutralize the poison with an alkali, such as baking soda, lime water, milk of magnesia, or chalk.
- For alkali poisoning, neutralize the alkali with a weak acid such as dilute lemon juice or vinegar.
- Shock is frequently present in all types of poisoning and must be controlled.
- In poisoning from a sleep-producing drug, it is especially important that the stomach be washed out by whatever means possible, and a cup of strong coffee every half hour or so is also recommended.
- When poisoning is suspected, it is sometimes difficult to determine what the poisonous substance has been.
- In the case of some substance taken from a container, the container often but not always gives the remedy for poisoning.
- Some cities maintain special bureaus which give information about poisoning and its antidotes, including all the new products on the market which might conceivably be poisonous.
- Following is a list of some of the more common causes of poisoning, with symptoms and treatment.
- Symptoms of barbiturate poisoning include headache and confusion, bluish color of nails and lips, uneven breathing, drowsiness, stupor and coma.
- A victim of benzene poisoning must be particularly careful to receive adequate nutriments in order to build up the blood.