Use Plant in a sentence. How to use the word Plant in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Plant.
Definition of Plant
- a living organism of the type exemplified by trees, shrubs, herbs, grasses, ferns and mosses, which normally grows in a permanent location, absorbs water and inorganic substances through its roots and synthesizes nutrients in its leaves through photosynthesis using the green pigment chlorophyll.
- a place where an industrial or manufacturing process is carried out.
- a person placed in a group as a spy or informant.
Examples of Plant in a sentence
- A spring plant that grows from a bulb and bears white or yellow flowers. Daffodils and jonquils are species of narcissus.
- This species of plant is increasingly rare.
- A particular loan, and somewhat misleading, by the Chicago School of the natural world consisted of analogies with plant life.
- Despite the misleading name, bird of paradise (Strelitzia reginae) is actually a plant that originates from this dazzling seed.
- Each plant rises up to 12 inches, producing splendid serrated foliage and small white flowers.
- Plant the peas, zigzagging, separated 2in.
- He was in constant correspondence with European botanists and sent them American plant specimens.
- MEADOW RUE, a plant of the crowfoot family and of the genus Thalictrum.
- A plant native to southern Europe, having large, segmented, spiny leaves and clustered flowers.
- This discovery not only provided a method for producing new plant varieties but also illustrated that chemicals could interfere with the genetic mechanism.
- Acanthus, also commonly known as bear’s-breech, is a genus in the family Acanthaceae, a plant grouping that contains some 200 genera in the tropical regions of the world.
- Actinomycetes are important because they bring about the decomposition of plant and animal residues and liberate carbon and nitrogen for plant growth.
- This plant does well in the home environment.
- Propagation is done with slips 3 to 4 in. (8 to 10 cm) long cut from the plant.