Use Ottoman in a sentence. How to use the word Ottoman in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Ottoman. Sentence for Ottoman.
Definition of Ottoman
The Ottoman Empire, also historically known in Western Europe as the Turkish Empire or simply Turkey, was a state that controlled much of southeastern Europe, western Asia and North Africa between the fourteenth and early twentieth centuries.
Examples of Ottoman in a sentence
- With the decline of the Ottoman Empire, the Western powers intervened in Lebanon.
- Japan joins the Allied forces: the Ottoman Empire soon joins the Central Powers.
- Lord Elgin claimed his imprimatur from an Ottoman sultan, who said he could eliminate anything from the Parthenon that did not interfere with the walls of the ancient citadel.
- The Arabs conquered the lands of the Eastern Roman Empire in 638 AD and the area was ruled by several Arab states before becoming part of the Ottoman Empire in 1517.
- In fact, after the fall of Byzantium, the Hagia Sophia became an Ottoman mosque. Today, the monument is a museum that serves Christians and Muslims.
- He sits on the ottoman next to Eliza, devouring her with his eyes.
- Originally a Thracian settlement, it passed over the centuries to Rome, Byzantium, two Bulgarian kingdoms, Ottoman Turkey and Russia. In 1879 it became the capital of independent Bulgaria.
- The Cold War saw the establishment of communist Yugoslavia under Tito, and the reestablishment of BH as a republic within its Ottoman borders
- After the Ottoman collapse, Talat Pasha fled to Berlin and was later assassinated there, in 1921.
- In fact, after the fall of Byzantium, the Hagia Sophia became an Ottoman mosque.
- In addition, it was also influenced by the fate of multi-ethnic states such as Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire.
- The national movement against the victorious allies of the First World War revoked the terms of the treaty that sought to divide the Ottoman Empire.
- In 1453 Constantinople was captured by the Ottoman Turks, and the Hagia Sophia became a mosque.
- When people leave, you still own the old Ottoman Empire.
- Albania declares its independence from the Ottoman Empire.
- Hence the Treaty of Sèvres, which provided for the aggrandizement of Greece at the expense of the Ottoman Empire in Asia as well as in Europe, to the seeming satisfaction of both French and British interests.
- A group of military malcontents in touch with the Cretan leader translated the popular feeling into action: a revolt against the reign of venality and futility which had for so many years paralyzed every effort, which had sometimes sacrificed and always subordinated the interests of the nation to the interests of faction, and now left Greece a prey to Bulgarian and Ottoman ambition.