Use Opposite in a sentence. How to use the word Opposite in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Opposite. Sentence for Opposite.
Examples of opposite in a sentence
- On the opposite page (upper left), the first incision is made through the plastic drape.
- The opposite scenario would result in positive money flow.
- Traditionally, Russian bear hunters would find a burrow buried in the roots of a cedar tree, approach cautiously and take a position on the opposite side of the tree from the opening.
- Cover the ribbon and place the opposite side of the touch and close closure, as Method 1.
- Simple, exstipulated, alternate, rarely opposite, whole or serrated leaves on the margin.
- There are scaly underground rhizomes, and leaves are generally opposite.
- But sometimes and in some cases this sexual or emotional attraction is not towards opposite sex rather it is towards the same sex persons.
- In lexical semantics, opposites are words that are found in an intrinsically incompatible binary relationship, such as the opposite pairs large: small, long: short and precede: follow.
- The notion of incompatibility here refers to the fact that a word in an opposite pair implies that it is not the other member of the pair.
- A member of a pair of opposites can usually be determined by the question, What is the opposite of X?
- The graded antonyms (or graduables) are pairs of words whose meanings are opposite and that are in a continuous spectrum (hot, cold).
- It is natural tendency that persons of one gender are sexually or emotionally attracted towards persons with opposite gender i. e. males are attracted towards females and vice versa.
- He made the plan perfectly clear to them by taking a particular noun and running it through the table, showing what should be written opposite to the word in all the columns, and then dismissed them.
- When he is exactly south of us, or, in other words, exactly opposite to us in his course round the earth, he is said to be in our meridian; for the word meridian means a line drawn exactly north or south from any place.