Use Opposed in a sentence. How to use the word Opposed in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Opposed. Sentence for Opposed.
Examples of opposed in a sentence
- He opposed secession and refused to support the South in the Civil War.
- Later he broke with Cleveland over the Wilson-Gorman Tariff (1894), into which Gorman had incorporated many high rates opposed by the President.
- The first and seeond toes of the creature are said to be large and widely opposed, while the third, fourth, and fifth toes are small and close together.
- As a senator, Beveridge supported President Theodore Roosevelt’s big navy and conservation programs, pressed for legislation to control child labor, opposed the Payne-Aldrich Tariff Act, and drafted a pioneering meat-inspection law.
- In 1618 he opposed the Articles of Perth, which were forced on Scotland by James I in an attempt to make its worship conform to that of England.
- He strongly opposed secession, and wrote against it. His Autobiography was published in 1872.
- However, trade unions feared that their members might be replaced by cheaper foreign or female labour and opposed conscription.
- Convicted murderer Hanson Marlowe was executed this morning in the State Penitentiary despite protests from those opposed to the death penalty.