Use Mucous in a sentence. How to use the word Mucous in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Mucous. Sentence for Mucous.
Examples of Mucous in a sentence
- The skin and mucous membranes form the first barrier against invading pathogens.
- Digital mucous, or myxoid cysts, are clear or flesh-colored nodules that develop on the dorsal digits between the distal interphalangeal joint and the proximal nail fold.
- The carbon in the toast absorbs poisons; tne magnesium has a soothing effect on the mucous membranes of the stomach and a laxative action which also neutralizes acid poisons; and the tannic acid in the tea tends to neutralize caustic alkaline materials.
- A nasal polyp contains a soft overgrowth of mucous membrane and generally indicates disease of the underlying bone tissue.
- Polyps are frequently found inside the sinuses as inflammatory growth on mucous lining.
- The mucous membranes covering the aerodigestive and the urogenital tracts as well as the eye conjunctiva, the inner ear and the ducts of all exocrine glands are endowed with powerful mechanical and chemical cleansing mechanisms that degrade and repel most foreign matter.
- Mucous membranes are tissues that line body cavities or canals such as the throat, nose, mouth, urethra, rectum, and vagina.
- Digital mucous cysts are solitary, clear, or flesh-colored nodules that develop on the dorsal digits between the distal interphalangeal joint and the proximal nail fold.