Use Mountainous in a sentence. How to use the word Mountainous in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Mountainous. Sentence for Mountainous.
Examples of mountainous in a sentence
- The mountainous areas are good for grazing sheep; the sheep will be draped over the lush grass.
- The Kamchatka peninsula is also mountainous.
- The water which falls upon this mountainous region must of course find its way to the sea.
- The limited productiveness of its soil, its mountainous terrain, frequent earthquakes, scarcity of good roads, and absence of harbors have hampered progress.
- Paraetacene is derived no doubt from parvata, mountain, or parvataka, mountainous.
- Further to the north, the Persian land became cold and mountainous, and supported nothing but droves of camels and their keepers.
- This mountainous region was called the Highlands, and the inhabitants of it were the Highlanders.
- There was a small lake on the southern margin of the wild and mountainous country, called the Lake of Menteith.
- A great deal of the land was mountainous and rocky, fit only for woodland and pasturage.
- In the mean time, the day wore away, and the road led into a more and more mountainous country.
- The southwestern part of England is a long, mountainous promontory, constituting the county of Cornwall.
- On the opposite side of Asia Minor, that is, on the southern shore, there was a wild and mountainous region called Cilicia.
- There were, however, several districts of mountainous country, which were the refuge of tigers, leopards, wolves, and other ferocious beasts of prey.
- Besides the mountainous regions above described, there were several deserts in the country of the Monguls.
- It constitutes one mighty mass of mountainous land, which is lifted up so high into the air that all the summits rise into the regions of intense and perpetual cold, and so condense continually, from the atmosphere, inexhaustible quantities of rain and snow.