Use Motion in a sentence. How to use the word Motion in a sentence? Sentence examples with the word Motion. Sentence for Motion.
Definition of Motion
1. the action or process of moving or being moved.
2. a formal proposal put to a legislature or committee.
3. direct or command (someone) with a movement of the hand or head.
4. make a proposal in a deliberative or legislative body.
Examples of Motion in a sentence
- A whitish crystalline powder, C 25 H 27 ClN 2, which is used to treat nausea and motion sickness.
- Lord Bute read the motion for the Friends to be formally established, and this was approved unanimously.
- Typical examples are Hangsaman (1951), The Bird’s Nest (1954), The Haunting of Hill House (1959), which was made into a motion picture, and We Have Always Lived in the Castle (1962).
- Judy Garland;(1922-1969), American singer and film star, who probably introduced or revived more popular songs than any other singer in motion pictures.
- Grey’s romances of the westem American frontier were translated into 20 languages, and many of his 54 novels were adapted for motion pictures.
- She made numerous motion pictures, beginning with Only Yesterday (1933) and ending with No Sad Songs for Me (1950), and appeared frequently on television.